This Almond Oat Tart Crust is Gluten Free, Vegan, and the perfect base for tarts with custard or cream. It can also be used for savory dishes.
Since its vegan and gluten free, this Almond Oat Tart Crust is the perfect crust for a crowd with dietary needs. It’s one of those recipes that can satisfy any palette. It can be difficult to find a recipe that can make everyone happy. Often people feel like vegan food is missing something, this isn’t the case here. I’ve been told this crust tastes like a delicious almond cookie.
If you make this recipe then be sure to take a picture, tag me in it on Instagram or Facebook @bakingtherapyemily, and hashtag it with #bakingtherapy. I would love to see that you are enjoying my recipe!
Uses for Almond Oat Crust
My favorite use of this crust is for Mini Berry Tarts with my Vegan Vanilla Pastry Cream. The toasty flavor of the almonds goes perfectly with the sweetness of the berries. Its the perfect substitute for regular tart crust. I have used it to make:
- Cream pies
- Fruit cobblers
To find out more about Baking Therapy you can go here.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Almond flour. I like the color and flavor of regular almond flour, however, it makes a much harder crust than a fine blanched almond flour. So if you want a nice soft crust then I recommend raw or blanched almond flour. If you can’t find almond flour in your area then simply take some whole almonds and grind them up finely in a food processor.
- Oats. Again if you want a softer crust then I recommend grinding the oats with the almonds in a food processor.
- Sugar, which can be omitted for a savory crust. Or substituted with brown sugar for a richer flavor.
- Your favorite plant-based butter. I like to use a sunflower oil based vegan butter.
Scroll down to see the full printable recipe!
Tools Needed for Recipe
- A kitchen scale
- A rubber spatula or spoon
- A food processor for a softer crust
- A large bowl
- 9 inch pie pan or 6 mini tart pans
Please select your favorite image below and share it on Pinterest!
150 g almond flour, blanched and finely ground 50 g oats, finely ground 60 g sugar 1/4 tsp salt 100 g vegan butter, melted You can top the crusts with my Vegan Vanilla Pastry Cream and some fresh berries for the perfect dessert. You can top the crusts with my Vegan Vanilla Pastry Cream and some fresh berries for the perfect dessert.
150 g almond flour, blanched and finely ground
50 g oats, finely ground
60 g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
100 g vegan butter, melted
You can top the crusts with my Vegan Vanilla Pastry Cream and some fresh berries for the perfect dessert.
Thank you commenting and sharing on social media. If you are interested in more recipes be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Links to all are in the top bar. If you have any questions then you can go to my Contact Me page and write me an email.
- How to Make the Perfect Berry Tart
- Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes- Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Emily’s Baking School- Indian Fusion Galette and Macaroons
- Let me know in the comments what else you want to see!